10 Reasons Why You Should Retire In The Philippines
“It’s more fun in the Philippines, and retirement, too!”
Retirement in the Philippines method living a good life without having to use too much. What’s more fun about retirement in the Philippines?
- Inexpensive cost of living. Cost of living in the Philippines scored a perfect 100%, according to the 2013 World’s Top Retirement Haven’s in the Philippines”. Living in the Philippines is so affordable, that’s why more and more retirees choose to move there. A pension of $3000 each month is sufficient to provide you a comfortable and easy life. On the average, you’ll use around $150 to $200 for a comfortable 3-bedroom townhouse, apartment or bungalow. A budget of $50- $70 can buy you a week’s supply of fresh meat, vegetables and fish. Water, electricity and cooking gas utility bills cost around $100. A house helper with monthly salary of $90 will do all the household chores for you. already transportation cost in the Philippines is low. It’s enough to pay at the minimum $5,000 for a second-hand car in good running condition. In some big cities, where public transportation is easily obtainable, you can consider not buying a car. Rides in tricycles and jeepneys cost $.20, for trains and busses, its $0.24 and $0.35. A cab ride pays $1 for the first 400 meters, with the next 300 meters charged $0.083.
- Vibrant and different culture of the Filipino. Filipinos are famous for their world class hospitality, and it’s the Philippine X-Factor! According to surveys, Filipinos are among the friendliest and happiest people in the world. Foreigners feel wanted and appreciated because of the warm and welcoming attitude of the Filipinos. Respect to the elders is a exceptional Filipino value, and family, friends and neighbors are always important. A peaceful and generous demeanor goes with the smiles and sets of the people and they willingly oblige when called upon for assistance. Several tragedies of typhoons, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes have assailed the Philippines, but the Filipinos have remained strong and resilient. Despite the repercussions, they were able to stand up and retrieve.
- Warm tropical climate. The Philippines is located below the equator with 2 pervading seasons throughout the year- dry season and rainy season. If you can no longer resist the bitter winter season, you’ll find more pleasing the fair weather during most part of the year. The weather is almost perfect and you can cozily laze around with abundant warm sunshine. The months of March to May are generally warm and humid while June to October is rainy. On November to February, it’s cold but dry in the Philippines but the coldest season suffuces in January. Humidity is low and the good sea breeze is ideal for relaxing vacays at the beach. Temperature ranges from 78°F to 90°F all over the year.
- Enjoyable eco-tourism destinations. There are more than 7,000 islands in the Philippine archipelago. analyze and have fun in the country’s great beaches, amazing diving spots and interesting natural attractions. If you want to feel closer with Mother character, travel around and see the sights of the Philippine’s high bio-varied and natural wonders. Enjoy the sea, the sun and the sand of nice beaches in the country’s 36,289 kms coastline. In the 5th longest coastline in the world, you’ll delight in the wonderful white sand beaches of Puerto Galera, Boracay and Camiguin Island. Surf lovers can indulge their hobby in the giant groups of Baler, Catanduanes, Pundakit and Siargao Island. Baguio city, Tagaytay city or Sagada mountain province are ideal locations for outdoorsy people who prefer to live in cooler places.
- functional language and communication. Communication is not very tricky if you live in the Philippines. There are 2 official languages, Filipino, the national language and English, the medium used in education and government transactions. Because it is the 3rd largest English speaking nation, interpreters are easy to reach anywhere in the country or you can take up courses in numerous language schools that offer English and Filipino classes.
- World- Class But Affordable Medical and Health Facilities. Retired foreign nationals feel more assured of their health and medical needs because hospital sets in the Philippines cost less than nearby countries. Although more affordable, hospital and health care providers ensure that their patients receive the best quality of health products and sets. You can be assured of dependable health and wellness sustain from well-trained doctors and nurses. Avail of first-rate acupuncture, massage therapy and different treatments from spas and wellness centers that abound in the Philippines. Medical doctors who were trained in Western and Oriental Medicine often manage these health and wellness facilities.
- different and flavorful cuisine. Satisfy your palate with authentic dishes and world-class cuisine served in various restaurants throughout the country. Filipino food has acquired different flavors and styles influenced by Spanish, American, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and Indian culture.
- Modern telecommunications and technology. Telecommunication facilities in the Philippines are regularly improving, and as a foreign retiree, you can keep yourself updated and keep in touch with your family, friends and relatives from all across the globe by mobile phones and high speed internet connection. Enjoy the conveniences of modern living in the Philippines such as high- tech telecommunications network, large malls and modern transportation. You can’t miss watching your favorite Hollywood movies on various programs from different countries around the world via high-tech ad up-to-date cable TV channels. As foreign nationals who choose to retire in the Philippines, you will not feel secluded from the rest of the world.
- Freedom in faith and religion. You’ll be retiring in the only Christian nation in Asia, but you’ll have the freedom to choose your religion. Three hundred years of Spanish colonization resulted to the Philippines being 83% Catholic, but different groups of Christianity also thrive, including Church of Christ, Protestant and other evangelical groups. Five percent is Muslim while Buddhists, Hindus and Filipino freethinking groups make up the rest of fraction.
- Exciting and first-class leisure facilities. Exciting leisure facilities abound in meaningful cities in the Philippines, such as golf courses in, around the metro and diving spots in cities and provinces. Enjoy a laid-back country life hiking, camping and outdoor activities in popular locations in the Philippines.