Tips on Saving Energy Every Month for a Lower Electricity Bill!
Are you getting fed up with your electricity bill every month? Does it keep getting higher and higher, no matter how hard you try to lower it? strength companies are regularly raising the prices, making it hard for many families to keep up with their electricity payments!
Here is some good news for you: it is possible to lower electricity bill! You don’t always have to be stuck paying high prices. You don’t already have to sacrifice anything – you just need to make some changes here and there in how you use your appliances and lighting. Also, if you really want to lower electricity bill for good, you can seek clean energy solutions, and install solar panels or wind turbines.
Solar panels use photovoltaic cells to make electricity from sunlight energy. As long as there is sunlight, you can trust that a solar panel system will use it to create energy. Since it’s an unlimited resource, unlike fossil fuels, you won’t have to pay for it! You can use a battery to store energy that can be used at night. Some people buy their own solar panels, which can cost thousands of dollars, and some people build their own out of tools and supplies that cost less than $200.
Wind turbines take energy from the wind and turn it into usable electricity. It’s a rotary system that transforms kinetic energy into electrical, which can be supplied to your appliances. Having this kind of system can really lower electricity bill if you live in a rural area in the Midwest. As long as you have enough room to install wind turbines, and the average wind speed in your area is at the minimum 15 mph, you can expect a continued supply of electricity!
If you only want to take small steps right now, or don’t live in a rural area, here are some things you can do to lower electricity bill:
• Always turn off the lights when you don’t need lighting. This seems like a no-brainer, however you’ll be surprised at how often people forget to turn lights off!
• In the summer, keep a small fan running around you at all times. That way, you won’t have to keep the air conditioner running. Air conditioners use TONS of electricity. Cutting down their usage is a great way to lower the cost of electricity.
• Exchange standard light bulbs for energy-efficient fluorescent bulbs. Fluorescent bulbs cost more money, but they last A LOT longer than regular bulbs. Since they use less energy, you’ll be saving a lot on your electric bill.
• Keep your refrigerator maintained and cleaned. Since refrigerators use so much energy, you need to make sure that yours runs smoothly. It needs to function at maximum efficiency. Vacuum the coils to remove dust, and defrost when needed.
• If you don’t already have an electronic thermostat, be sure to get one. They can really come in handy during the winter. This device automatically adjusts temperature settings to energy-efficient levels when you are sleeping or at work.
• Block all the drafts in your home to keep cool air from seeping out in the summer and hot air seeping out in the winter. You can use rolled up towels or weather stripping. You can save a lot of energy AND money this way!
Make as many of these changes again and you will lower electricity bill! Your best bet, of course is to go with solar panels or wind turbines. You can learn how to make them yourself with the right DIY guide and tutorial videos. It won’t cost you any more than $200 or so to acquire all the necessary parts.
These tips are really just the beginning.