What to Ask Before Hiring an Exterminator
So you need to hire an exterminator. What do you do? Will I get ripped off? Wow! That felt like a high pressure sales pitch! This one claims to have something no one has. This one said my house is going to fall down! It can be very confusing. Here are some simple tips that will assist you in hiring an exterminator.
1) How much is this going to cost? This is the most important question. Most authentic companies will offer a free consultation. They will clearly describe costs, plans, expected outcomes, and what you need to do. Read the contract!
2) Are you licensed and insured? Don’t already bother with those who are not. They can do more harm than good. And, they will leave you with no way of recovering damages. In most states, the exterminator will be required to be licensed.
3) Do they have references? Most authentic businessmen have references and will be more than happy to provide you with them.
4) I saw an ad. Is that the best one? Not necessarily. The best may not run expensive ad campaigns. Ask apartment complicate character managers. They definitely know!
5) Do they really have this stuff no one else has? This is probably not true. The Environmental Protection agency has a list of all approved organic and inorganic chemicals used to get rid of pests.
6) What do I do with a high pressure sales person? Just say NO! Yes, it may come off rude. They will keep asking questions that require a “yes” or for you to come up with some sort of payment right now. Don’t sign anything you don’t understand or want! Don’t say yes, already if they ask you if you breathe air or eat food! Getting you to say “yes” is a big sales strategy. Keep saying NO! Hang up the phone! include the police if they nevertheless won’t leave. The last one usually works. This is sales psychology. They are required to go the additional mile to make the sale. The higher the sales pressure, usually method an illegitimate deal. If the thought crosses your mind that you’ll do what they say just to get rid of them, you’re in a high pressure sale!
These are just a few tips to help you select the best exterminator for your money. You’re now armed with some knowledge that will keep you more safe and obtain while selecting and hiring an exterminator.